Monday, June 2, 2008

Life is Good

We are blessed to live out in the middle of nowhere. On any given night of my life I can go outside and know that I am the only person out there. It's kind of peaceful, kind of scary.

You never realize how many stars are out there, until you are out in the country, away from the lights of the city. Some nights the stars are so bright they light your way, other nights it's so dark you can't see six inches in front of you. I'm a city girl. I was born and raised in the city. It wasn't until I met my husband that I moved out to the coutnry. At first I hated it. It was dark, and desolate, and lonely. Now that I'm a mom, I have to say I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to raise my son here. He's kind of sheltered from the crap that goes on in the city, but pretty street smart because we travel a lot. I have to say, I think I'm a country girl now. (I even listen to Country Music- YIKES!)